LUX Artists are looking for an Accountant to cover a period of maternity leave.
We are looking to find an experienced Accountant who is keen to work at a busy and dynamic agency. LUX represents a highly esteemed roster of Directors of Photography, Production Designers, Editors, Costume Designers, and Hair & Make Up Artists working in Film, Television, Commercials and Music Videos.
This role is to cover a period of maternity leave for approximately 10-12 months which may suit a freelance accountant with Commercial or Film/TV production experience.
Working alongside a busy team of agents your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Invoicing UK, EU and International production companies on a daily basis for Film, TV and Commercial work undertaken by our clients.
- Liaising with production companies and clients regarding invoicing and payment queries.
- Maintaining multiple bank accounts to facilitate client payments, collect commissions, annotate bank statements, bank postings and reconcile accordingly.
- Recording payments into QuickBooks, making outgoing payments, payslips and remittance statements.
- Reconcile sale ledgers/purchase ledgers and to investigate any discrepancies.
- To update client and production information when required and to be responsible for all accounting forms such as: start forms, supplier number forms, worldwide tax forms etc.
- Keeping a record of all company incomings and outgoings and liaising with our external bookkeeping accountants.
- Preparing payment reports to HMRC monthly.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience as a production accountant working in either Commercial, Film or Television industries.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to support and work in a team in a very busy environment.
- The ability to work proactively and to handle various tasks at once.
- Experienced in using QuickBooks and excel.
Further details about the position:
- To start February/early March 2022 until 31st December 2022, possibly extended into the new year 2023.
- Full time position from Monday-Friday.
Please send a CV and cover letter to: [email protected] Please apply by January 21st, 2022.